Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reflection

My favorite poems that I wrote were probably the Borrowed Poem, Sensory Poem, and If I Were in Charge of the World.  I like the first two because I think I got really creative with them and the third because it is very strongly what I feel.  My favorite type of poetry to write is definitely free verse things that are descriptive and portray strong emotion.  For some reason I like the sad and depressing ones where a friend dies rather than happy things.  It is easier to write about sad things because they are all over the place and impossible to miss unless you block them out.  I enjoy writing poetry because I can express my emotions in a creative way.  I can't draw or paint very well, and I have tried writing music and failed.  So writing is left in a way to express myself.  Also I don't feel huge competition in writing like I do in playing Clarinet, so it makes it stress free and lots of fun.  I learned a lot about different types of poetry and different ways they can be written.  I never really knew there were so many types of poems and I find it really neat that there are.  I hope that this blog says that I am a Christian girl who loves her friends and family and music.  I want it to also show that I take emotions very seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment